Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation - Fee Assistance Program Application Guidelines and Information
Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation provides fee assistance for individuals that may not have the financial means to otherwise participate in our programs and classes. It is the goal of the Fee Assistance Program to ensure equitable allocation of available funding. If you or a family member living in the same household is interested in participating in programs offered through Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation, please review the eligibility criteria to receive fee assistance.
1. Applicants can receive up to a $500 maximum per household each fiscal year (March 1 to the end of February) as long as funds are available.
2. All fee assistance awards require some financial participation on the part of the recipient. A 50% co-payment is required per funding allocation. No full scholarships will be approved.
3. Fee assistance is issued for program and class registration only, not for supplies, materials, special event fees or other costs.
4. Fee assistance is awarded on a first come, first served basis and is funded only as long as there are available resources.
1. To be eligible, applicants and household members must be a Marin County resident.
2. Verification of any statements made as part of the fee assistance application may be required, i.e. tax returns, pay stubs, unemployment income forms, etc.
3. Any past due accounts must be brought current before a fee assistance application is considered.
4. All applications and requested supporting materials must be received no later than two weeks prior to the first day of the program/class for which assistance is requested. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
5. The fee assistant recipient must pay the remaining amount of the class or a 50% co-payment. A fee assistant recipient is not assured a place in the program and is not considered registered for a program until the co-payment has been received. Co-payment must clear and be in cash, valid check or VISA, MasterCard or AMEX. There are no refunds once co-payment is received.
1. Submission of an application is not a confirmation into a class or a confirmation of fee assistance.
2. Interested participants may submit applications for consideration at any time during the year, in conjunction with the classes or programs advertised in the Recreation Activity Guides.
3. Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation will make the final determination based on the application and required criteria.
4. Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, medical condition, marital status, or religious belief.
5. Applicants who falsify information or do not attend class regularly may be ineligible for fee assistance.
If extenuating circumstances prevent regular attendance, please call the office at 415-435-4355.
CONTRIBUTIONS ARE WELCOME! Contributions to our Fee Assistance Program are tax deductible and
gratefully accepted by Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation.
Fee Assistance Applications can be submitted in person, by mail or fax at
Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation, 1505 Tiburon Blvd. – A, Tiburon, CA 94920
More information may be obtained by contacting Belvedere-Tiburon Community Recreation at 415-435-4355.
Click Here for a Fee Assistance Application.
Click here for a copy of the Fee Assistance Guidelines listed above.